Today brings awesome news! The company I work for starts offering the coolest bookish benefit: access to Bookster, the first modern public library in Romania ❤
There are 5 main reasons that fuel my excitement:
- Borrowing books is easy peasy, you just pick what to read using an online platform
- Books are brought to the office every Friday (perfect timing before the weekend!)
- It’s free of charge for me, as the employer pays the subscription
- I can borrow fiction and non-fiction books/articles, in Romanian and English
- Bookster is an example of successful Romanian start-up that I am happy to support by being part of their huge community (at the moment, Bookster collaborates with almost 700 companies and has more than 64.000 subscribers!)
To celebrate the launch of the initiative in our company, Bookster provided us with a welcome kit – bookmarks, stickers, posters, and a huge bag of candies 🙂
With such an easy way to get to the books I want to read, there’s no excuse to not read. So I already picked the first book to borrow: “The Glass Bead Game” by Hermann Hesse.
Do you have book-related workplace benefits? I am curious to find out if and how other companies across the world encourage reading.
‘Till next time … happy reading!
Cover image from Storience.com.